Thursday, January 11, 2007

Building a Chopper: Good idea?

I have been thinking of building a chopper. I am going to take a ride to Big Bear and look at the packages Big Bear Choppers has. They are owned by an Australian guy and his wife and they won the biker build off on the one show I have seen about them. I have looked at some of their stuff. You can buy completes kits from them, or a complete bike. They also sell rolling chassis and other sub-parts for the production of such bikes. I really like their style. I guess my problem is two fold, do I want to spend that sort of money on a machine that I would not want to ride to work everyday because of the distance, thus I would have to keep my current Shadow and car, and also, do I have what it take to actually build one. I think the time alone would be a problem to find. I also think my patience would run out as they say it may take up to 1500 hours and I would rather spend that time riding.

If you are interested in building a chopper, I would certainly check them out.

No comments: