Sunday, February 11, 2007

Its February…an update.







So

I have been off the air for the month of January but am back in the saddle, so an update.

I got my bike back from the dealership and as suspected, it was all messed up per what I had actually ordered. However, it turned out for the better in the long run and I am just happy to be back in the saddle again. Now, I am religious about wearing my body Armortex suite as I ride and heal, and the vivid memories of the accident flash through my mind constantly. So, in my convalescence, life has changed drastically, I have started a motorcycle related company and I will provide details later as things develop. I have left the company I was with for the last two years and so I have also cancelled all my speaking engagements in the US and overseas. It is like a weight has been taken off my shoulders.

Back to bikes. My bike is doing great and rides like new. It look like new as well but they did not send me the tins bare as I specifically asked. My plan was to have the custom paintjob that has been designed for me by Eclectic Dawn, of Dawn Arts. We have now decided to go the vinyl route on the shadow for now and when the next bike arrives, it will go the full paint because I both love the idea of a custom job as well as enjoy the great work Dawn does.

The idea of chopper is shelved for now, it simply has to wait.

During the time that the fait of my bike was undecided, I did substantial research into what other bike I might replace the spirit with. I found a few I liked, the Valk being one of them, but to find a god shape Valk at a reasonable price is not so easy. I then looked at going bigger in the Honda cruiser line, but something kept taking me back to the spirit. I finally struck me that I absolutely love the “naked” looks of the Shadow Spirit. However, I must admit, there are almost too many good choices for a nice ride these days.

More to come, and sooner.

No comments: